Adaptation Grant

Adaptation Grants.

Adaptation Grants Funding.

On May 1, 2023, increase funding was announced for Housing Adaptation Grants for Older and Disabled people for the year 2023. The Minister for Housing, Local Government & Heritage, Darragh O’Brien, & the Minister of State for Local Government & Planning, Kieran O’Donnell, announced €83.125 million in national funding. This represents a 2.3% increase from the previous year’s funding allocation & continues the trend of year-on-year increases since 2014.

The funding is expected to result in approximately 12,300 grants for older and disabled individuals. Aiming to help them live independently in their own homes. The grants are intended to assist with necessary repairs, improvements, & adaptations to make the homes more suitable for their needs.

Minister O’Brien expressed delight in allocating increased funding for 2023. Highlighted the success of surpassing the initial target for home adaptations in the previous year. The objective is to empower & enable people to live independently for as long as possible while also providing economic benefits to local communities through employment opportunities for local contractors.

Minister O’Donnell emphasised the government’s commitment to the scheme. It plays a vital role in supporting older and disabled people in their daily lives. This grant significantly impact the lives of the beneficiaries. So will allow them to continue living independently in their homes even as they face mobility challenges.

The grants available include up to €30,000 for disabled individuals to carry out necessary works for home adaptations. Up to €8,000 for older people for repairs or improvements, and up to €6,000 for mobility aids.

The funding for these home adaptations, which benefit older people, individuals with disabilities, and those with mobility issues. Will consists of 80% Exchequer funding through the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage. The remaining 20% is contributed by the relevant local authorities.

Give us a call on Freephone: 1800247000 for stair lifts and modular ramps, where we will be happy to help with any questions or help filling in an application forms.